Cisco Meraki MV52
Telephoto bullet camera for outdoor security
Our Price: $2,613.64
Our Price: $220.21
Our Price: $501.33
Our Price: $836.00
Our Price: $1,170.67
Our Price: $1,672.67
The Meraki MV52, part of the MV smart camera family, brings physical security and advanced analytics together in a powerful, ultra-longrange telephoto bullet camera. MV52 has 1TB of storage, records in up to 4K resolution, and has an ultra-long-range varifocal lens. With IP67 and IK10+ ratings, it can endure a variety of demanding outdoor environments where details and distance matter.
MV52: security and intelligence
MV52 has an industry-leading processor, 1TB of high-endurance local storage, and browser-based cloud management and viewing. This edge architecture minimizes physical infrastructure and software requirements, enabling faster, easier deployments and greater scalability.
With the ability to mount to walls, ceilings, or poles, and a 360-degree rotating flexible ball joint, MV52 lets you get the angle you need, anywhere. Wireless functionality and a built-in power input option make it possible to install in even the most challenging environments beyond the reach of normal Ethernet.
MV52 combines a 12°-37° field of view with 4K video resolution. This allows for high detail, even with long-distance deployments like parking lots or perimeter monitoring. It’s also useful for situations that require license plate capture or subject identification.
Using machine-learning-based computer vision, MV52 can do real-time object detection, classification, and tracking of people and vehicles to increase safety and provide useful insights into activity. These smart cameras enable physical security and business intelligence, all in a refreshingly simple package.
- 12-40 mm focal length varifocal lens with 12-37° horizontal FoV
- 4K video recording with H.264 encoding
- f/2.3-16 aperture
- 1TB high-endurance solid-state storage
- 5 GHz 802.11ac wireless
- Microphone input for audio recording
- IR illumination up to 50 m or 164 ft
- Industry-leading onboard processor
- Motion analytics
- Audio analytics
- Person and vehicle detection powered by machine-learning technology
- No servers or software required
- Compatible with MV Sense license
- Automatic end-to-end video encryption
- Automatic firmware updates and bug fixes
- Secure, encrypted control architecture and storage
- Secure boot and signed firmware backed by hardware security chip
- IP67 weather resistance
- IK10+ impact resistance
Granular access controls
- Create unique accounts and passwords for each user
- Control who can view live or historical video
- Limit access to video exporting
- Grant viewing access by individual camera or device tag
- Video access log provides audit of users’ video-related activities
- Visibility and control from anywhere
- Stream local or remote—the cloud automatically routes the video stream
- Create custom video walls
- Easy options for video export and sharing
Compact and functional design
- Attractive and subtle design blends into any space
- Simple onboarding and flexible mounting options make it easy to install anywhere
Cutting edge architecture with streamlined managment
Meraki MV architecture
Meraki’s expertise in distributed computing brings simplicity to security camera deployments. With cloudaugmented edge storage, MV smart cameras provide groundbreaking ease of installation, configuration, and operation. Eliminating the network video recorder (NVR) reduces equipment CAPEX and the simplified architecture minimizes lifetime OPEX costs.
Each MV smart camera comes with integrated, ultra-reliable, industrial-grade storage. This cutting-edge technology allows the system to efficiently scale to any size, with storage expanding with the addition of each camera. Plus, as video is stored locally, administrators can rest easy knowing that even if the network connection cuts out, the cameras will continue to record footage.
Integrated wireless for flexible deployments
As the primary storage is on the camera itself, very little bandwidth is used unless video is being watched. This unique architecture makes it possible to deploy MV smart cameras wirelessly, with minimal impact to the network. All MVs have wireless functionality built in, meaning they can be deployed without having to run new cabling for connectivity. The option for wireless deployments offers organizations an easy upgrade path for analog cameras without the need for recabling, and allows greater flexibility for remote or temporary sites.
Meraki’s innovative web-based dashboard has revolutionized networks around the world, and brings the same benefits to networked video surveillance. Zero-touch configuration, remote troubleshooting, and the ability to manage distributed sites through a single pane of glass eliminate many of the headaches administrators have dealt with for decades. The Meraki dashboard and Meraki Vision portal—a dedicated user interface for viewing and interacting with video—make the need for video management software (VMS) a thing of the past.
Secure and always up-to-date
Centralized cloud management offers one of the most secure platforms available for camera operation. Built with Cisco Trust Anchor Modules, secure boot, firmware image signing, and runtime defenses, MV smart cameras are protected and tamper-proof. Access to the camera is encrypted with a public key infrastructure (PKI) that includes individual camera certificates. Local video is also encrypted by default and adds a final layer of security. All security measures are on by default, require no user configuration, and cannot be turned off.
Software updates are managed automatically for the delivery of new features and to enable rapid security updates. Scheduled maintenance windows ensure the MV family continues to address users’ needs with the delivery of new features as part of the cloud service.
Improving processes and providing business insights
MV smart cameras have flexible options for video quality and retention policies to meet a variety of deployment needs. Real-time retention estimates for each camera are provided in the dashboard, showing how different bit-rate and frame-rate settings and features like motion-based retention and scheduled recordings affect video storage.
With motion-based retention, cameras always retain continuous recording of the most recent 72 hours as a safety net. After that period, the camera intelligently trims footage that contains no motion. Motion-based retention is possible because of the unique way MVs handle motion— analyzing video on the camera itself and indexing it in the cloud. This feature can be turned on with the click of a button and can considerably extend on-camera storage.
Schedules allow users to define when cameras record and when they don’t. Create schedule templates for groups of cameras and store only what’s needed, or turn off recording entirely to only view live footage.
Whatever combination is chosen, the dashboard provides a real-time retention estimate for each camera. This removes the guesswork and makes it easy to define recording policies that work best for every deployment. For organizations with non-negotiable regulatory requirements surrounding storage, optional licenses for 30-, 90-, 180-, and 365-day Cloud Archive licenses are available.
Analytics, built right in
With an industry-leading processor onboard every MV smart camera, advanced analytics using computer vision and machine learning are now easy, scalable, and costeffective to implement. MV smart cameras can detect, classify, and track objects such as people and vehicles within a frame. This provides valuable insights into office foot traffic or customer behavior patterns straight from the camera, viewable in the dashboard—no servers, special software, or dedicated hardware required.
Motion heatmaps provide an overview of relative motion in a given area hour-by-hour or day-by-day. This helps paint a picture of general motion trends, helping to understand hot spots, bottlenecks, or busy and free times. These functionalities make it possible to start expecting more from cameras than just security.
In addition to analyzing the visual world, MV smart cameras can also provide insight into sounds with audio analytics. Using the same machine learning and artificial intelligence used to detect objects, cameras can also detect alarms and sirens and provide overall decibel levels for an area. Audio detection can be useful for tying video into alarm systems for better alerting and faster incident response, whereas the overall noise level can be used for architectural acoustic.
- 1/1.8″ 8.4MP (3840x2160) progressive CMOS image sensor
- 1TB high endurance solid state storage
- 12-40mm focal length varifocal lens
- f/2.3-16 aperture
- Field of view: Horizontal 12°-37°, Vertical 7°-22°
- 1/30s to 1/1000s shutter speed
- Sub-lux minimum operation
- Built-in IR illuminators, effective up to 50m (164ft)
- 4K (8MP) video recording (3840x2160) with H.264 encoding, up to 15fps
- Cloud augmented edge storage (locally stored video with metadata in the cloud)
- Optimized retention settings (scheduling and motion-based) for variable retention
- High dynamic range (HDR)*
- Stream video anywhere with automatic cloud proxy
- Direct live streaming with no client software (native browser playback)**
Data and Network Security
- Full disk encryption (AES 256-bit)
- Automatically purchased and provisioned TLS certificates (publicly-signed)
- Management encryption and two-factor authentication
- Wireless security:
- WPA, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X EAP-TTLS
- TKIP and AES encryption
Networking and Wireless
- 1× 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (RJ45)
- DSCP traffic marking
- Supported frequence bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac radio
- - 5.150 - 5.250 GHz (UNII-1)
- - 5.250 - 5.350 GHz (UNII-2)
- - 5.470 - 5.600, 5.660 - 5.725 GHz (UNII-2e)
- - 5.725 - 5.825 GHz (UNII-3)
- 1x1 with one spatial stream
- MU-MIMO support
- - 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels (802.11ac)
- Up to 256 QAM on 5 GHz bands
- Integrated omni-directional antennas (6.3 dBi gain at 5 GHz)
- PoE+ required for operation (max 25.5W consumption)
- 12VDC power input option
- Dynamic power switching with PoE priority
- Temperature: -40°C - 50°C (-40°F - 122°F)***
In the box
- Quick start and installation guide
- MV camera hardware
- Wall mounting kit
- Weight 1.5kg
- Dimensions: 90mm x 145mm (diameter x body length, total length of 245mm)
- Varifocal lens (up to 3x optical zoom)
- RJ45 Ethernet connector socket on cable tail
- External microphone input, not amplified on cable tail
- 12VDC input on cable tail
- Ball-joint mechanism for tightening, with two screws on base
- Reset button under hood
- Mutlicolor, multifunctional status LED
- IK10+ vandal-resistance
- IP67 weather-proofing
- 5 year hardware warranty with advanced replacement
- Junction boxes (3.5″ circular by default)
- Pole mounting available through accessory (MA-MNT-MV-21)
Note: Each Meraki camera requires a license to operate.
*At frame rates 15fps and below only.
**Browser support for H.264 decoding required.
***Operation under 0°C will make use of the internal heater.
For Meraki Smart Cameras
With an integrated mobile-grade processor on each MV device*, Meraki smart cameras have revolutionized the security camera and video analytics world. Servers and complex software are no longer requirements to benefit from the wealth of analytics insights that can be gleaned through computer vision and machine learning technologies. Processing video data on the camera, and not in the cloud, also reduces the time required to produce these insights.
MV Sense is the perfect companion to the Meraki smart camera line*, allowing users to further utilize the MV machine-learningbased computer vision outputs via API to create custom business solutions. From an individual camera all the way up to a global fleet, MV Sense supplies organizations and developers with processed, high-value data and insights with no additional infrastructure requirements.
The MV Sense API allows developers to access three types of rich data insights (Figure 1):
- Historical aggregate: How many people were in a given area at a specified time, and where exactly were they in the frame?
- Current snapshot: How many people are in a given area right now, and where exactly are they in the frame?
- Real-time feed: A stream of the number of people and their exact location in a frame, pushed out in sub-second intervals
Additionally, the ability to define zones as specific areas of interest coupled with these three types of endpoints gives users selective granularity and customizability: two shopping queues in a single camera frame can be defined and analyzed as such with MV Sense.
From streamlining an operation, to creating a richer customer experience, to making a safe school even safer, and everything in between, MV Sense allows users to utilize their security camera deployment for more than just security. Meraki smart cameras coupled with MV Sense unleash the power of cameras as sensors.
* Second generation and later (indicated by a model number that ends in -2)
10 TRIAL MV SENSE LICENSES INCLUDED IN EVERY MV ORGANIZATION
For Meraki MV Cameras
Featuring integrated solid state storage onboard every camera, the MV product line has revolutionized the typical surveillance architecture, completely eliminating the need for a network video recorder (NVR) or other storage server. Using optimized retention tools in the management dashboard, users can make informed decisions about balancing video quality with their organizational retention needs, ensuring they achieve the perfect balance.
Still, there are times when legal requirements or other regional regulations may necessitate longer durations of continuous 24/7 recording or off-site backup. Cloud archive options for MV cameras fill in these gaps by allowing for 90 or 180 days of continuous backup recording.
How does it works?
- Copies of video are stored on both the camera and in the cloud
- Video files stored in the cloud are always continuous, 24/7 footage
- The camera is always prioritized over the cloud by the dashboard for video retrieval (unless the camera is either unreachable by the cloud or the timestamp of the video file being requested is older than what is supported)
- If the camera goes offline, it will still record footage as long as it has power, but this footage will not be backed up until it regains a connection to the WAN
- 30, 90, 180 and 365 day license options are available, on a per-camera basis
Figure 1: When cloud archive is enabled on a camera, and the camera is online, data flow will follow the standard path: both local and remote viewing devices will pull video directly from the camera memory. A backup video file is stored in the cloud, but not utilized in this case.
Figure 2: When the camera is offline, or the timestamp for the video file exceeds the camera's hardware memory capacity, all video will be viewed as a remote stream, with viewing devices retrieving video data from the cloud.
- Provides a solution for backup, offsite, or longer-duration video storage
- Can be applied to individual cameras
- Enabled in just a couple of minutes
- Supported by data centers in the EU, North America, and Australia
- Supports 720p standard / enhanced and 1080p standard video quality
- All MV models (first and second generation—MVX1, MVX2) are supported
- Architecture supports video playback and exporting of video from cloud archive
- Recommended upload bandwidth of >1 Mbps per camera
- Not compatible with motion-based retention and scheduled recording settings
Download the Cisco Meraki MV52 Datasheet (PDF).
Download the Cisco Meraki MV Cloud Managed Security Cameras Family Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $2,613.64
Our Price: $220.21
Our Price: $501.33
Our Price: $836.00
Our Price: $1,170.67
Our Price: $1,672.67
Our Price: $1,472.54
Our Price: $4,417.61
Our Price: $7,362.68
Our Price: $736.27
Our Price: $2,208.80
Our Price: $3,681.34
Our Price: $368.14
Our Price: $1,104.41
Our Price: $1,840.67
Our Price: $147.25
Our Price: $441.76
Our Price: $736.27
Our Price: $132.53
Our Price: $220.88
Our Price: $196.46