Cisco Meraki MV12N
Compact Dome Camera for Indoor Security - Cloud management, reliable edge storage, and advanced analytics
Our Price: $803.74
Our Price: $200.80
Our Price: $401.60
Our Price: $602.40
Our Price: $843.36
Our Price: $1,204.80
The MV Smart Camera family brings powerful, advanced analytics to the typical security camera world. With a powerful processor— the same kind found on many of today’s smartphones—and an innovative architecture which minimizes physical infrastructure as well as software requirements, these smart cameras from Cisco Meraki represent a shift from cameras simply ensuring physical safety and security, to providing powerful business intelligence as well.
MV: Beyond Just Securtiy
MV cameras feature an innovative architecture which places high-endurance storage locally on the camera and removes the network video recorder (NVR) from the equation. Not only does this drastically simplify both installation and scaling, but it also eliminates a major network security vulnerability in the IT infrastructure.
Features like LLDP insights, offline device alerting, and built-in remote troubleshooting tools reduce time to resolution and free up personnel to make IT improvements, providing added business value. And, because MV is managed through the browser-based Meraki dashboard and operates using a licensing model, there’s no need to purchase, download, and maintain any additional software. Management through the Meraki dashboard ensures firmware updates will continually roll out over the lifespan of the product, meaning its value will only increase over time.
Featuring an industry-leading processor, these cameras are not only capable of providing high definition (1080p) video, but they also allow for on-board analytics capabilities that previously required additional software and heavy-duty hardware. Harnessing the power of computer vision and machine learning, this camera line can dynamically classify people as objects within a frame. This simple-seeming insight builds the foundation for more effective and efficient processes, like people counting. And the best part is that they will only get smarter, and more accurate, over time.
- 256 GB high write endurance solid state storage
- 1080p high definition video recording with H.264 encoding
- 3-9 mm varifocal lens
- 802.11ac wireless
- Microphone for audio recording
- IR illumination up to 30 m or 98 ft
- Simplified and attractive industrial design
- No tools needed for lens adjustments
- Standard mounting kit included
- Industry-leading onboard processor
- Person detection powered by machine learning technology
- No servers or software required
- Compatible with MV Sense licenses
Granular access controls
- Control who can view live and historical footage
- Limit access to video exporting
- Grant access to individual cameras or by device tags
- Network-wide visibility and control
- Stream local or remote — the cloud automatically routes the video feed
- Create and organize video walls
- Export video clips to a shareable link or for download
Cutting Edge Architecture
Meraki's expertise in distributed computing has come to the security camera world. With cloud-augmented edge storage, MV cameras provide ground breaking ease of deployment, configuration, and operation. Completely eliminating the Network Video Recorder (NVR) not only reduces equipment CAPEX, but the simplified architecture also minimizes lifetime OPEX costs.
Each MV camera comes with integrated, ultra reliable, industrial-grade storage. This cutting edge technology allows the system to efficiently scale to any size because the storage expands with the addition of each camera. Plus, administrators can rest easy knowing that even if the network connection cuts out, the cameras will continue to record footage.
MV takes a unique approach to handling motion data by analyzing video on the camera itself, but indexing motion in the cloud. This hybrid motion-based retention strategy plus scheduled recording give users the ability to define the video retention method that works best for every deployment.
The motion-based retention tool allows users to pick the video bit rate and frame rate to find the perfect balance between storage length and image quality. All cameras retain continuous footage as a safety net for the most recent 72 hours before intelligently trimming stored video that contains no motion.
Users can define when cameras are recording, and when they’re not, with scheduled recording. Create schedule templates for groups of cameras and store only what’s needed, nothing more. Turn off recording altogether and only view live footage for selective privacy.
Best of all, the dashboard provides a real-time retention estimate for each camera, removing the guesswork. For users who have non-negotiable regulatory requirements surrounding storage, optional licenses for 90- and 180-day 24/7 cloud archive are available, too.
Analytics, Built Right In
With an industry-leading processor onboard every MV camera, advanced analytics, including computer vision and machine learning are now easy, scalable, and cost effective to implement. MV cameras can detect what's a person—and what's not—to enable features like people counting over time. You'll gain valuable insights into office foot traffic and your customers' behavior patterns with a single security camera solution—no servers, special software, or dedicated hardware required.
Motion heat maps provide an overview of relative motion in a given area hour-by-hour or day-by-day, helping you to paint a picture of general motion trends. These functionalities make it possible to start expecting more from your cameras than just security.
Isolate Events, Intelligently
Meraki MV cameras use intelligent motion search to quickly find important segments of video amongst hours of recordings. Optimized to eliminate noise and false positives, this allows users to retrospectively zero-in on relevant events with minimal effort.
MV's motion indexing offers an intuitive search interface. Select the elements of the scene that are of interest and dashboard will retrieve all of the activity that occurred in that area. Laptop go missing? Drag the mouse over where it was last seen and quickly find out when it happened and who was responsible.
Meraki's innovative GUI-based dashboard management tool has revolutionized networks around the world, and brings the same benefits to networked video surveillance. Zero-touch configuration, remote troubleshooting, and the ability to manage distributed sites through a single pane of glass eliminate many of the headaches security administrators have dealt with for decades. Best of all, dashboard functionality is built into every Meraki product, meaning additional video management software (VMS) is now a thing of the past.
Additionally, features like the powerful drag-anddrop video wall help to streamline remote device management and monitoring — whether cameras are deployed at one site, or across the globe.
Secure and Always Up-to-date
Centralized cloud management offers one of the most secure platforms available for camera operation. All access to the camera is encrypted with a public key infrastructure (PKI) that includes individual camera certificates. Integrated two-factor authentication provides strong access controls. Local video is also encrypted by default and adds a final layer of security that can't be turned off.
All software updates are managed automatically for the delivery of new features and to enable rapid security updates. Scheduled maintenance windows ensure the MV family continues to address users' needs with the delivery of new features as part of the all-inclusive licensed service.
- 1/3” 4MP (2688x1520) progressive CMOS image sensor
- 128GB high endurance solid state storage (MV12WE)
- 256GB high endurance solid state storage (MV12N and MV12W)
- 2.8mm focal length fixed lens (MV12W and MV12WE)
- 3.8mm focal length fixed lens (MV12N)
- f/1.8 aperture
- Field of view:
- Horizontal 114° (MV12W and MV12WE)
- Horizontal 73° (MV12N)
- Vertical 61° (MV12W and MV12WE)
- Vertical 44° (MV12N)
- Diagonal 132° (MV12W and MV12WE)
- Diagonal 86° (MV12N)
- 1/30s to 1/32,000s shutter speed
- Minimum illumination 0.18 Lux (standard recording) and 0.01 Lux (night mode)
- Built-in IR illuminators, effective up to 15m (49ft)
- 1080p HD video recording (1920x1080) with H.264 encoding, up to 20fps
- Cloud augmented edge storage (locally stored video with metadata in the cloud)
- Optimized retention settings (scheduling and motion-based) for variable retention
- Up to 40 days of video storage per camera
- Direct live streaming with no client software (native browser playback)
- Stream video anywhere with automatic cloud proxy
- High dynamic range (HDR)
- Full disk encryption (AES 256-bit)
- Automatically purchased and provisioned TLS certificates (publicly-signed)
- Management encryption and two-factor authentication
- 1x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (RJ45)
- Dual band WLAN with antenna diversity supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- DSCP traffic marking
- Cloud managed with complete integration into the Meraki dashboard
- Plug and play deployment with self-configuration
- Dynamic day-to-night transition with IR illumination
- Noise optimized motion indexing engine with historical search
- Shared video wall with individual layouts supporting multiple cameras
- Selective export capability with cloud proxy (with watermarked timestamps)
- Highly granular view, review, and export user permissions with SAML integration
- Motion heat maps for relative hourly or day-by-day motion overview
- Motion alerts
- Power consumption 12.95W maximum via 802.3af PoE
- Starting temperature: 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F)
- Working temperature: 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F)
In the box
- Quick start & installation guide
- MV camera hardware
- Wall mounting kit
- Dimensions 106mm x 74mm (diameter x height)
- Fixed lens
- Weight 286g
- Female RJ45 Ethernet connector
- Multicolor, multifunction status LED
- Reset button
- Warranty 3 year hardware warranty with advanced replacement
For Meraki Smart Cameras
With an integrated mobile-grade processor on each MV device*, Meraki smart cameras have revolutionized the security camera and video analytics world. Servers and complex software are no longer requirements to benefit from the wealth of analytics insights that can be gleaned through computer vision and machine learning technologies. Processing video data on the camera, and not in the cloud, also reduces the time required to produce these insights.
MV Sense is the perfect companion to the Meraki smart camera line*, allowing users to further utilize the MV machine-learningbased computer vision outputs via API to create custom business solutions. From an individual camera all the way up to a global fleet, MV Sense supplies organizations and developers with processed, high-value data and insights with no additional infrastructure requirements.
The MV Sense API allows developers to access three types of rich data insights (Figure 1):
- Historical aggregate: How many people were in a given area at a specified time, and where exactly were they in the frame?
- Current snapshot: How many people are in a given area right now, and where exactly are they in the frame?
- Real-time feed: A stream of the number of people and their exact location in a frame, pushed out in sub-second intervals
Additionally, the ability to define zones as specific areas of interest coupled with these three types of endpoints gives users selective granularity and customizability: two shopping queues in a single camera frame can be defined and analyzed as such with MV Sense.
From streamlining an operation, to creating a richer customer experience, to making a safe school even safer, and everything in between, MV Sense allows users to utilize their security camera deployment for more than just security. Meraki smart cameras coupled with MV Sense unleash the power of cameras as sensors.
* Second generation and later (indicated by a model number that ends in -2)
10 TRIAL MV SENSE LICENSES INCLUDED IN EVERY MV ORGANIZATION
For Meraki MV Cameras
Featuring integrated solid state storage onboard every camera, the MV product line has revolutionized the typical surveillance architecture, completely eliminating the need for a network video recorder (NVR) or other storage server. Using optimized retention tools in the management dashboard, users can make informed decisions about balancing video quality with their organizational retention needs, ensuring they achieve the perfect balance.
Still, there are times when legal requirements or other regional regulations may necessitate longer durations of continuous 24/7 recording or off-site backup. Cloud archive options for MV cameras fill in these gaps by allowing for 90 or 180 days of continuous backup recording.
How does it works?
- Copies of video are stored on both the camera and in the cloud
- Video files stored in the cloud are always continuous, 24/7 footage
- The camera is always prioritized over the cloud by the dashboard for video retrieval (unless the camera is either unreachable by the cloud or the timestamp of the video file being requested is older than what is supported)
- If the camera goes offline, it will still record footage as long as it has power, but this footage will not be backed up until it regains a connection to the WAN
- 90 and 180 day license options are available, on a per-camera basis
Figure 1: When cloud archive is enabled on a camera, and the camera is online, data flow will follow the standard path: both local and remote viewing devices will pull video directly from the camera memory. A backup video file is stored in the cloud, but not utilized in this case.
Figure 2: When the camera is offline, or the timestamp for the video file exceeds the camera's hardware memory capacity, all video will be viewed as a remote stream, with viewing devices retrieving video data from the cloud.
- Provides a solution for backup, offsite, or longer-duration video storage
- Can be applied to individual cameras
- Enabled in just a couple of minutes
- Supported by data centers in the EU, North America, and Australia
- Supports 720p standard / enhanced and 1080p standard video quality
- All MV models (first and second generation—MVX1, MVX2) are supported
- Architecture supports video playback and exporting of video from cloud archive
- Recommended upload bandwidth of >1 Mbps per camera
- Not compatible with motion-based retention and scheduled recording settings
Download the Cisco Meraki MV12 Cloud Managed Security Cameras Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $803.74
Our Price: $200.80
Our Price: $401.60
Our Price: $602.40
Our Price: $843.36
Our Price: $1,204.80
Our Price: $669.33
Our Price: $2,008.00
Our Price: $3,335.00
Our Price: $334.67
Our Price: $1,004.00
Our Price: $1,667.50
Our Price: $100.40
Our Price: $200.80
Our Price: $300.15
Our Price: $421.68
Our Price: $600.30
Our Price: $267.76